- The Lamoille Community House is looking for Meal delivery volunteers: The Charlmont is currently making breakfast, lunch, and dinner for our guests. We need volunteers who can go pick these meals up and deliver them to the shelter. Pickups are done at 9:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 6:00 pm. Right now, we have staff and staff family doing this, we'd love more consistency and less scrambling to see who can do it any given day.
- Additionally, they are hiring 2 more overnight staff: This position pays $12/hour. This is a mostly sleeping position. The shift has some flexibility, but staff comes in around 9:30 pm and needs to stay until at least 7:00 am when the morning person comes in.
- 1 day/evening floater: This position pays $16/hour. The position entails doing check-ins with guests, taking temps and breathalyzing, making sure guests are keeping a good distance from each other, being able to deescalate tense situations, writing in the communication log, working with management, etc.
- The evening shift is 3:30 pm (flexibility to start at 4:30 pmpossible) until 10:00 pm. Day shifts vary, the biggest need right now is for Saturdays between 10:30 am and 6:00 pm. But it would be good to have this person possibly available between 7:00 am and 3:30 pm daily in case of staffing calling out.
Other Community Needs
We are working closely with other community-based organizations to share their most immediate needs while dealing with COVID-19. Here we will list the latest needs from the community. Please fill out the form below and we will connect you with the organization in need. Thank you!
- Lamoille County Food Share is in need of gloves and hand sanitizer. Please email email@example.com to help.