Mission: To advocate for the health, education and financial stability of Lamoille County individuals and families.
The United Way empowers Lamoille County residents to be self-sufficient through health, education, and financial stability, creating a stronger community.
UWLC will promote, create, or support effective efforts in:
- Housing, renter readiness and homelessness prevention and solutions
- Addiction, including substance misuse, prevention and recovery.
- Life Skills Education, including financial education, work readiness, health insurance navigation.
To develop this 3-year focus, staff and board reviewed information through committee work, volunteerism and intake data compiled from our direct services, and prioritized issues that:
- have a strong impact on the mission
- are not adequately addressed through other efforts in the community,
- have a strong impact on individuals and families, and
- have a strong impact on community (or a systemic) level.