Where can I train for a job or career in the area?
Advanced Welding Institute: Begin or advance a welding career.
Black River Innovation Campus: Skills to be a remote worker or freelancer.
Central Vermont Adult Basic Education: High school credentials, ESL, skills building, literacy, financial literacy.
Community College of Vermont, Morrisville (CCV):
- Early college, apprenticeship, associate degrees, nursing.
- Certificates in many career paths.
- Credential trainings: health & human services, manufacturing, professional studies, childcare.
- Customized trainings for employers, including registered apprenticeships.
- More here on precise skills training.
Community Kitchen Academy (CKA): the skills to work in food service
- 7 weeks, full time
- (802) 477-5121, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free to income eligible students. Job placement.
Continuing Education and Workforce Development at Vermont Tech, customized trainings for employers and hands-on training for individuals and businesses in:
- Agriculture & food systems
- Career & Technical teacher
- Electrical & plumbing
- Green training
- Human resources
Ed2Go (through GMTCC): Online, affordable, quick courses to improve skills for the workplace.
Green Mountain Technology and Career Center (GMTCC): Career and Technical programs from GMTCC:
- Electrical Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Forestry and Land Management
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems
- Creative Media and Design
- Computer Networking and Cyber Security
- Culinary Arts
- Business Administration
- Allied Health
Adult Education programs from GMTCC:
- Licensed Nursing Assistant certification
- HVAC NORA Bronze certification
- Computer Networking and CompTia A+ certification
- Welding certification
Northern Vermont University (NVU):
- Bachelor degrees
- Certificates in: accounting, small business management, sustainability, advanced graduate studies
- Center for Professional Studies: new or enhanced skills in highly desired fields
- Career readiness
- Office administration
- Much more.
- Agriculture & natural resources
- Computer & office tech
- Culinary arts
- Health sciences
- Professional skills
- Skilled trades
- Transportation & heavy equipment
Vermont Med Ed: Training for careers in healthcare.
Vermont State Library Universal Classes: A large catalogue of online classes in a wide variety of topics.
Vermont Tech: career-focused technical and professional education to prepare students for immediate workplace success and continued learning.
Vermont Training Program: workforce grants for pre-employment training, training for new hires, and training for incumbent workers.
If your job was affected by COVID-19: no cost trainings at Vermont State Colleges.
Free UVM and CCV courses in digital economy, healthcare, and leadership and management. Courses listed here.
VocRehab Vermont: Career help for Vermonters with disabilities.
Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act: Department of Labor
Vermont Adult Career & Technical Education: commercial, forklift, heavy equipment, aviation
CompTIA Certifications: to begin or advance a career in Information Technology (IT)
MyFutureVT: career advice, training, and support.