Skip to main content


Housing Resources

Landlords who have housing they want to make available or philanthropists who want to be part of housing solutions, contact the Housing and Homelessness Continuum of Care: 802-999-1417

Emergency Housing

For emergency housing, call the Department of Children & Families - Economic Services Division for Emergency Housing.  Their number is 1-800-479-6151 or call 211 after buisness hours. 

Lamoille Community House is a warming shelter that offers adults who are experiencing homelessness a bed, hot showers, hot meals, laundry, and internet access. If possible, please call before coming 802-521-7943. 103 Main Street, Hyde Park. Opens November 15-April 15.

All people in General Assistance housing (shelters and hotels) are in the Coordinated Entry system to work towards more permanent housing. Coordinated entry is a “no wrong door” system, with the following points of entry: Lamoille County Mental Health (LCMHS), the Clarina Howard Nichols Center, and Capstone Community Action, as well as Lamoille Community House. If people in need of shelter approach any of these partners, they will be directed to the appropriate agency quickly.


Capstone Community Action

Housing Counselors are available. Call 802-888-7993 or visit their website.

Furnace servicing: Capstone offers free clean and tune services for eligible households with economic need. They will send a qualified technician to service your furnace. If you own your home and qualify for seasonal fuel assistance, call 802-479-1053.


Lamoille Housing Partnership

Lamoille Housing Partnership provides long term, income-eligible, affordable housing. They can be contacted at You can also visit their website.


Downstreet Housing and Community Development

Downstreet provides assistance or loans for home ownership, rentals, down payments, and home repair for those who qualify, as well as foreclosure assistance. Their counselors can help you become a homeowner or remain a homeowner. Call 802-476-4493 or visit their website to get connected with a home ownership resource or rental assistance. 


State Resources

Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance Program (VERAP): Offers rental and utility assistance to help renters avoid eviction or loss of utility services. Click here to get more information and learn if you are eligible for this important assistance. 

Vermont Affordable Housing Coalition: resources for people seeking affordable housing.

Vermont Housing Finance Agency (VHFA) is accepting applications to help people pay back mortgage payments they have missed due to COVID-19. Click here to apply.


USDA Rural Development

USDA Rural Development has funds to help low-income residents of rural communities buy, build, or repair homes. Grants and fixed 1% loans are available to those who qualify, and no down payment is required.  Click here or contact: (802) 828-6006


Rent Right Program

The Rent Right Program provides participants the skills, materials, and confidence necessary to find and maintain stable housing. Participants receive Preferred Renter Certificate. Program of the Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity.

  • Tenant skills
  • Sustaining the rent
  • Finding housing and getting ready to rent
  • Financial coaching