WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) is the USDA Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. Gives access to:
- Healthy foods
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Breastfeeding support
For people who are pregnant, caregivers, or parents with a child under five.
3SquaresVT provides a little help buying food. 3SquaresVT provides Vemonters funds on an electronic benefits transfer (EBT) card, which works like a debit card. EBT cards can be used to purchase food at grocery and convenience stores, co-ops, and many farmers markets.
If you have applied before, your eligibility may have changed, so please consider applying again:
3SquaresVT in a SNAP (3SNP) provides three years of food benefits for those 60+ or receiving disability benefits. Apply for 3SquaresVT benefits and Extended Certification Period (ECP) fuel benefits here.
- Capstone Community Action (250 Industrial Park, Morrisville)
- For those in Lamoille who are low-income.
- Toothpaste, shampoo, feminine items, diapers, and more.
- Stop by during weekdays or call 802-888-7993
- There is a short intake.
Serves meals from local restaurants through the Localvore Passport App. The app's digital voucher system allows you to get meals directly from participating restaurants at no cost.
Everyone Eats meal distribution is occurring in these area locations:
- Eden, contact email@example.com
- Lamoille Health Partners
- Capstone Community Action (250 Industrial Park, Morrisville; 802-888-7993)
- Lamoille Community House text (802) 851-0292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lamoille Community Food Share
Diapers and wipes, emergency assistance, food and gas cards for families.
- 802-888-5229 and ask for Wendy.
- Or leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and exact need.
Meals on Wheels of Lamoille County provides meal deliveries Tuesday through Friday to older Vermonters and to Vermont Center of Independent Living recipients. Homemade freezer meals are available for holidays, non-delivery days, and weekends. Pet food is also available upon request.
Meal delivery eligibility criteria :
- Age 60 years or over
- Spouse, regardless of age, of eligible individuals, including a caregiver
- Individuals under 60 years of age with a disability, or who resides with an eligible individual
Also, community meals for everybody:
- Lunch: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (11-noon)
- Takeout meals: Monday through Friday
- 21 Munson Avenue, Suite 2, Morrisville.
- Call 802-888-5011 the day before to place your take out order.
- $5.00 for over 60, $7.00 for under 60
Pet Food Assistance
NCAL Meals will provide and distribute quality pet food to those in need at no cost on a regularly scheduled basis. Their goal is to keep families and pets together through these difficult times. Contact North Country Animal League (NCAL) 802-888-5065.
Lamoille Community Food Share provides basic food and other grocery items to help stretch food dollars. Pantry at 197 Harrel Street in Morrisville, next door to the Community College of Vermont. Curbside pickup:
- Weekdays: 9-11:30
- Saturdays: 9:30-11
Breakfast on Us:
Anyone can come get a nutritious breakfast.
- United Community Church of Morrisville (85 Upper Main St., near the library)
- Monday through Friday
- 7-9 AM
For elder Vermonters in need of extra help getting food.
Beds for kids
Sleep in Heavenly Peace gives a free twin bed to any child without a bed.
Socks and Underwear
The Jewish Community of Greater Stowe (JCOGS) offers a Warm Toes Fund to supply socks and underwear to those in need. Schools and organizations who serve clients in need can use these funds to keep socks and underwear on hand. Organizations (not individuals) should email email@example.com.
Local Food Distributions
Johnson Food Shelf
The food shelf offers frozen meats, dairy, fresh vegetables, staples, and cleaning supplies. Local delivery is usually available, call 802-635-9003.
- Tuesday & Friday, 9-12 noon
- Wednesday, 4-6 PM
- 661 Railroad Street, Johnson (go to the very end)
Cambridge Community Food Shelf
Food shelf in the basement of Second Congregational Church in Jeffersonville.
- Monday 6 to 8 pm.
- Tuesday from 1 to 4 pm.
- Call 802-644-8911.
- Craftsbury Food Share: Thursdays 12-3, United Church of Craftsbury
- Community Supper: Mondays 5-6, United Church of Craftsbury
- Albany Food Share: Saturdays 2-5, Albany Town Hall
Hardwick Area Food Pantry
- 39 E. Church Street, Hardwick. 802-472-5940.
Little Free Pantries
- Hardwick Health Center – stocked by staff
- East Hardwick Grange pantry – stocked by community
- Orleans United Church – stocked by community
- Greensboro Church – stocked by the congregation
- Craftsbury satellite of the Hardwick Food Pantry
- Albany Town Hall – volunteer supported
- Newport United Church
- NEK Community Action Food Pantry – Newport
- Jewish Community of Greater Stowe – stocked by community and Church of Latter Day Saints
- Grace-Brethren church -- Maple Street, Morrisville
UVM Extension Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
EFNEP offers free nutrition programming to parents and guardians of children in Lamoille County. Online nutrition courses plus private sessions with experienced nutrition educators. Katie.black@UVM.edu or click here.