WIC is the USDA Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. WIC gives you access to healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, and breastfeeding support. If you’re pregnant, a caregiver, or a parent with a child under five, WIC is right for you. Contact the Morrisville Office at 888-253-8798 or 802-888-7447. You can also visit their website.
3SquaresVT is an important program that is available to all of us when we need a little help buying food. The program provides Vemonters funds on an electronic benefits transfer (EBT) card, which works like a debit card. EBT cards can be used to purchase food at grocery and convenience stores, co-ops, and many farmers markets. Call 855-855-6181 or visit their website.
Everyone Eats serves meals from local restaurants through the Localvore Passport App. The app's digital voucher system allows you to get meals directly from participating restaurants at no cost. Click here to register and start getting free meals from local restaurants.
Everyone Eats also distributes frozen meals made by local restaurants in the following places:
- Lamoille Health Partners (formerly Morrisville Family Practice, 607 Washington Highway, Morrisville): at your appointment or by reservation, 802-888-6042
- Copley Hospital (528 Washington Highway, Morrisville): Tuesday 3-5 & by reservation 802-851-8894
- Morrisville Family Center (609 Washington Highway): Friday 9-12, call ahead 802-253-9164
- Craftsbury Soup Supper: Monday 5-6, call or email to make a reservation: 802-586-8022, email@example.com
- Albany Community Meal: Saturday 2-5, call or email to make a reservation: 802-586-8022, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wolcott United Methodist Church: Friday 3:30-5:30, no reservation needed
- Lamoille Community Food Share: Weekdays 9-11:30 & Saturday 9:30-11, no reservation needed (197 Harrel Street in Morrisville)
- For participants at Head Start, Lamoille County Mental Health Services, Puffer Childcare Center, Lamoille Community House
Call Capstone at 802-888-7993 to arrange a curbside pick-up of household items such as toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, bath soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine products, diapers, etc.
Lamoille Family Center can help with diapers and wipes, emergency assistance, food and gas cards for families. For food cards, gas cards, diapers, or other supports, call 802-888-5229 x 151. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number and your exact need and someone will get back to you.
- 7 days of meals: breakfast, lunch and supper.
- 5 days of meals at Johnson and Cambridge elementaries.
- Each child signed up will receive a box of ready-to-eat foods, pantry staples, beverages, fresh fruits and vegetables and heat-and-eat meals. Sign up just once to receive meal kits every week.
- Children do not need to be present at pick up. You may have another adult pick up meals for you.
- Email Lnmealdelivery@lnsd.org or call 802-851-1390 with questions.
Offering free meals to all children under 18, even if they are not a student and regardless of need. Pick up on remote learning days 9:30 - 10:30 AM at Peoples Academy gym and Stowe High School main entrance. Click here for more.
Pantry located at 197 Harrel Street in Morrisville, next door to the Community College of Vermont. Here families can come and receive basic food and other grocery items to help stretch their food dollars. Curbside pickup Mon-Fri: 9 - 11:30 am, Sat: 9:30 - 11 am. For more info visit their website.
Providing meal deliveries Tuesday through Friday to older Vermonters and to Vermont Center of Independent Living recipients. Meals are delivered safely by hanging on the doorknob while the volunteer waits at least 6 feet away to provide a well-check in. Homemade freezer meals are available for holidays, non-delivery days, and weekends. Pet food is also available upon request. Meals on Wheels of Lamoille County prepares over 1,100 meals each week.
Eligibility criteria :
- Age 60 years or over
- Spouse, regardless of age, of eligible individuals, including a caregiver
- Individuals under 60 years of age with a disability, who resides with an eligible individual
TAKEOUT meals available:
- Tuesday through Friday
- 21 Munson Avenue, Suite 2, Morrisville.
- Call 802-888-5011 the day before to place your take out order.
- $5.00 for over 60, $7.00 for under 60
Pet Food Assistance
NCAL Meals will provide and distribute quality pet food to those in need at no cost on a regularly scheduled basis. Their goal is to keep families and pets together through these difficult times. Contact North Country Animal League (NCAL) 802-888-5065.
Socks and Underwear
The Jewish Community of Greater Stowe (JCOGS) offers a Warm Toes Fund to supply socks and underwear to those in need. Schools and organizations who serve clients in need can use these funds to keep socks and underwear on hand. Organizations should call 802-253-1800 or email email@example.com.
Local Food Distributions
Johnson Food Shelf
The food shelf offers frozen meats, dairy, fresh vegetables, staples, and cleaning supplies. Local delivery is usually available, call 802-635-9003.
- Tuesday & Friday, 9-12 noon
- Wednesday, 4-6 PM
- 661 Railroad Street, Johnson (go to the very end)
Cambridge Community Food Shelf
Food shelf in the basement of Second Congregational Church in Jeffersonville. Their Monday hours have been expanded to 6 to 8 pm. Tuesday we are open from 1 to 4 pm. They are offering roadside pickup. Call 802-644-8911.
- Craftsbury Food Share: Thursdays 12-3, United Church of Craftsbury
- Community Supper: Mondays 5-6, United Church of Craftsbury
- Albany Food Share: Saturdays 2-5, Albany Town Hall
Hardwick Area Food Pantry
39 E. Church Street, Hardwick. 802-472-5940.
Little Free Pantries
- Hardwick Health Center – stocked by staff
- East Hardwick Grange pantry – stocked by community
- Orleans United Church – stocked by community
- Greensboro Church – stocked by the congregation
- Craftsbury satellite of the Hardwick Food Pantry
- Albany Town Hall – volunteer supported
- Newport United Church
- NEK Community Action Food Pantry – Newport
- Jewish Community of Greater Stowe – stocked by community and Church of Latter Day Saints
- Grace-Brethren church -- Maple Street, Morrisville