Mental Health First Aid
Teaches members of the community how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders in their friends and neighbors to increase the chances people get the help they need as soon as possible. Upcoming free virtual trainings for community members:
Want to be healthier and feel better? These self-management classes are led by health experts who understand your needs because many have faced similar health challenges. Vermonters who complete these workshops see big improvements in their health—and their overall well-being. Courses include:
- Diabetes management and diabetes prevention
- Quit smoking
- Chronic disease management
- Chronic pain management
- Emotional wellness
For help choosing a class that works for you or registering, contact Rorie Dunphey: email@example.com or 802-324-9198.
Eat Smart, Move More is a six-class distance learning opportunity through UVM extension, supporting families to be healthier and more food secure. Includes interactive instruction, recipes, and workouts. Click here to learn more.
There is help to quit smoking or vaping:
- My Healthy Vermont: classes
- 802 Quits: offers plans and support.
- Resources for teens looking to quit smoking or vaping: My Life, My Quit.
- More resources here.
Healthy Lamoille Valley hosts a monthly Parent Cafe Series on the first Thursday of each month from 4:30-5:30, designed to highlight a community resource or parenting skill and encourage conversation with parents/caregivers from around the region. Breakout groups will be facilitated by local school and mental counselors by children’s ages.
- March 4 Mental health and substance counseling for youth: what you need to know (Matt Sadowsky of CHSLV’s Behavioral Health and Wellness Clinic)
- April 1 Tips for improving communication (Rob Carey of the Lamoille Restorative Center)
- May 7 Stress busting strategies for improving mental health & well-being (Julie Bomengen, local Mental Health Counselor and Nutritional Therapy Consultant)
- June 3rd Nutrition: making the most of the food around us (Katie Black, UVM Nutrition Educator)
Parent Education Workshop: Practical Positive Co-Parenting
Join Life/Parent Coach Dustin Bruley in a virtual workshop for parents to learn strategies and tools to improve (and in some cases rescue) their relationship with their co-parent (whether or not that's their current partner).
- March 30, 6-7:30
- Register here.