Vermont Landlord's Association
Vermont Landlord's Association represents the needs of Vermont commercial and residential landlords. They provide mediation, information, and resources. Landlords can join to get support in their work.
Landlord-Tenant Mediation Program
Multi-unit housing property owners, managers and tenants interested in becoming a smoke and vape-free property, contact: email@example.com.
Housing Improvement Program
Vermont Housing Improvement Program (VHIP) provides rental property owners up to $30,000 per unit to bring vacant and blighted rental units back online. Program participants are required to provide a 20% match, maintain HUD Fair Market Rent prices, and work with Coordinated Entry organizations to identify tenants exiting homelessness.
Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance Program (VERAP): Offers rental and utility assistance to help renters avoid eviction or loss of utility services. Click here to get more information.
Vermont Affordable Housing Coalition: resources for people seeking affordable housing.
The Rent Right Program provides participants the skills, materials, and confidence necessary to find and maintain stable housing. Participants receive Preferred Renter Certificate. Program of the Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity.
- Tenant skills
- Sustaining the rent
- Finding housing and getting ready to rent
- Financial coaching
Renter Credit (formerly Renter Rebate program) updates:
- Landlord Certificate streamlined
- Landlords are no longer required to provide renters with a copy of the Certificate.
- Properties with five or more renters required to file electronically.
- Renters no longer need to request a Landlord Certificate from their landlord or complete a Household Income form.
- Eligible renters sharing a unit with other unrelated adults can now get the credit individually.
USDA Rural Development
USDA Rural Development has funds to help low-income residents of rural communities buy, build, or repair homes. Grants and fixed 1% loans are available to those who qualify, and no down payment is required. Click here or contact: (802) 828-6006 firstname.lastname@example.org