Skip to main content



Vermont Landlord's Association

Vermont Landlord's Association represents the needs of Vermont commercial and residential landlords. They provide mediation, information, and resources. Landlords can join to get support in their work.


Landlord-Tenant Mediation Program 

A mediation program for landlords and tenants to resolve conflict, avoid eviction, and save money, with mediator costs covered for both parties. 802-985-2764,  


Multi-unit housing property owners, managers and tenants interested in becoming a smoke and vape-free property, contact:

Landlord Repair Program

The VT Rental Housing Investment Program (VHIP) will allow RuralEdge to assist landlords to repair and improve their vacant units, and address health and safety issues and code violations to bring the units back on the rental market. 


Vermont State Rental Rehab Program

Grant money for apartment repairs to address code violations. Landlords can receive a grant of up to $30,000 per rental unit to bring vacant units back online. Learn more.


Renter Resources

Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance Program (VERAP): Offers rental and utility assistance to help renters avoid eviction or loss of utility services. Click here to get more information. 

Vermont Affordable Housing Coalition: resources for people seeking affordable housing.

Use this form to get a CDC Declaration to prevent eviction.

The Rent Right Program provides participants the skills, materials, and confidence necessary to find and maintain stable housing. Participants receive Preferred Renter Certificate. Program of the Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity.

  • Tenant skills
  • Sustaining the rent
  • Finding housing and getting ready to rent
  • Financial coaching

Renter Credit (formerly Renter Rebate program) updates:

  • Landlord Certificate streamlined
  • Landlords are no longer required to provide renters with a copy of the Certificate. 
  • Properties with five or more renters required to file electronically.
  • Renters no longer need to request a Landlord Certificate from their landlord or complete a Household Income form. 
  • Eligible renters sharing a unit with other unrelated adults can now get the credit individually. 


USDA Rural Development

USDA Rural Development has funds to help low-income residents of rural communities buy, build, or repair homes. Grants and fixed 1% loans are available to those who qualify, and no down payment is required.  Click here or contact: (802) 828-6006