Fill Open Positions
The State of Vermont has a resource page for employers.
- Employment Assistance Line 877-214-3331
- Business Services/Rapid Response 802-828-4177
Vermont State Colleges employer services, to list your job opening.
Workforce development partnerships
Employers, please consider becoming a partner in these workforce development programs:
Construction 101 or another workshop. As an Employer-Partner, “try before you buy” a potential new employee AND help local talent enter the construction industry.
- The program screens for ready-to-work adults ages 18+ and provides four weeks of hands-on, construction training. Trainees gain skills and OSHA-10 certification. Work-ready trainees qualify for on-sight work-experiences with employer-partners during last phase of training program.
- Students ready for full time work late July.
- Learn more: email@example.com, 802-793-8309
VocRehab Vermont’s Summer Career Exploration Program
Support young people (14-21) on their journey to explore careers, job training, and employment. This program combines professional skills training in a classroom setting with on-the-job work experience, fully funded and supported by VocRehab Vermont.
- To learn more about how your business can be part of this program: DJ Masi, 802-793-8309, firstname.lastname@example.org or Diana Lee, 802-696-8855, email@example.com
- June 28 – August 20
- To build skills, gain work experience, and prepare students for employment after high school
- Wages, worker’s compensation & liability insurance covered by VocRehab Vermont
This course allows business and organizations to address the challenges of diversity and inclusion, providing actionable examples of how your business an organization can benefit from a diverse workforce. Brought to you by the Working Communities Challenge, United Way of Lamoille County, the Lamoille Chamber of Commerce and LEDC.
Equity and Equal Pay
The Leaders for Equity and Equal Pay (LEEP) toolkit is a free resource to empower small to mid-size employers with the tools to conduct in-house, DIY gender and racial pay equity reviews.
Recovery Friendly Workplaces
Working Fields offers those in recovery or with past convictions ongoing support, including job placement and recovery coaches. Working Fields is also a staffing agency for employers seeking motivated, dedicated, qualified candidates.
Recovery Friendly Workplaces and Their Profound Impact: A one hour video on supporting people with Substance Use Disorder in obtaining and thriving in employment, and how this benefits the employer, the recovering employee, and our community.
Lamoille Economic Development Corporation: facilitates the creation and expansion of jobs and businesses and investing for the prosperity of Lamoille County communities.
The State of Vermont Agency of Commerce & Community Development has a COVID-19 Resource page specific to businesses needs including financial assistance. Visit their website for more information.
- Micro Business Development Program can provide training and technical assistance to start or expand a small business.
- Savings and Credit Program: Business and personal finances. Money coach Mary Johnson is available for appointments. Conact her by email or by phone at 802-760-8209.
Main Street Alliance: Opportunities for small businesses to lift up their voices and connect with state and federal representatives.
Resouces for Rural Entrepreneurs: a clear guide to more than 40 loan, grant, and technical assistance programs.
VT Training Program (VTP) can be used to train new employees or existing employees if the training is needed for new equipment or technology. VTP can pay up to 50% of an employee's wages/salary during the training period. Questions: (802) 355-2725 or John.firstname.lastname@example.org.
VT Small Business Development Center (VtSBDC): Experienced, free business advisors.
Vermont Manufacturing Extension Center offers trainings for employees and employers in manufacturing.
VT Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) provides businesses with training to understand the requirements of government contracting and how to obtain federal, state and local contracts. Brenda.Plastridge@vermont.gov.
VT Talent Pipeline Management (VTPM) addresses the talent supply gap with training programs.
Organizational Assessment helps your worksite assess how well you promote the health and wellness of your employees. It also serves as an application for Worksite Wellness Awards.
Revolving Loan Funds
- The Morristown Development Fund seeks to improve, stimulate and maintain the economic and physical environment of Morristown by creating and retaining employment.
- Town of Johnson Revolving Loan Fund for businesses in the town of Johnson. Contact email@example.com or 635-2611 ext. 308.
EMBRACE (Economic Micro Business Recovery Assistance for the COVID-19 Epidemic) direct grant program issues $5,000 grants to businesses with five or fewer employees. Apply here.