The State of Vermont has a resource page for employers including information on unemployment, information on essential vs. non-essential workers, and more. Visit their website for more info. You can also call 877-214-3331 for the unemployment insurance Employment Assistance Line or 802-828-4177 for Business Services/Rapid Response.
For state guidance on steps businesses and employers can take to protect public health, click here.
The State of Vermont Agency of Commerce & Community Development has a COVID-19 Resource page specific to businesses needs including financial assistance, paycheck protection loans, tax information, and small business debt relief programs. Visit their website for more information.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): deadline has been extended until May 31.
Capstone Community Action offers assistance with filling out COVID-19 related business applications and coaching services. Money coach Mary Johnson is available for appointments Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. You can contact her by email or by phone at 802-760-8209.
Revolving Loan Funds
- The Lamoille County Revolving Loan Fund provides loans to small and medium sized businesses to supplement existing sources of funding.
- The Morristown Development Fund seeks to improve, stimulate and maintain the economic and physical environment of Morristown by creating and retaining employment.
- Town of Johnson Revolving Loan Fund for businesses in the town of Johnson. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 635-2611 ext. 308.
Employers, please consider partnering with ReSOURCE for Construction 101 or another workshop. As an Employer-Partner, “try before you buy” a potential new employee AND help local talent enter the construction industry.
- The program screens for ready-to-work adults ages 18+ and provides four weeks of hands-on, construction training. Trainees gain skills and OSHA-10 certification. Work-ready trainees qualify for on-sight work-experiences with employer-partners during last phase of training program.
- Students ready for full time work late July.
- Learn more: email@example.com, 802-793-8309