Community College of Vermont, Morrisville (CCV)
- Early college, apprenticeship, associate degrees, nursing.
- Certificates in many career paths.
- Credential trainings: health & human services, manufacturing, professional studies, childcare.
- Northern Lights for early childhood educators
- Customized trainings for employers, including registered apprenticeships.
- More here on precise skills training.
Northern Vermont University (NVU)
NVU Johnson is Vermont's premier public liberal arts campus with:
- Bachelor degrees
- Graduate programs
- Certificates in: accounting, small business management, sustainability, advanced graduate studies
- Center for Professional Studies: new or enhanced skills in highly desired fields
Visit their website for more.
Vermont State College system
UVM and CCV will be offering two free college courses to all Vermonters in digital economy, healthcare, and leadership and management. Courses offered listed here.
VSAC (Vermont Student Assistance Corporation) scholarships available: Students in select programs can get free tuition next year at Vermont state colleges and degree completion support. Click here. Additional scholarships:
- Credential programs: (degrees, approved certificates): VSAC offers two scholarships, Curtis and Endowment. Both offer up to $3100 for 8 full-time semesters or 96 credits.
- Non-credential scholarship: Curtis Training Scholarship for Vermont residents who seek short-term training programs to build their job skills in a high-demand industry that supports a livable wage. Up to $1500 per program and per year.
- Questions and details, contact: email@example.com
If your job was affected by COVID-19, you may be eligible for no cost trainings at one of the Vermont State Colleges System institutions.
Rising high school seniors: Early College + offers
- $1000 stipend
- Complete a certificate in IT Help Desk, Graphic Design, and Cybersecurity
- Support from VSAC
- Contact: 720-979-4237, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Green Mountain Grad: Recent Vermont high school graduates can take one class free in the Vermont State College System.
Useful Public School District Links
- Lamoille North Supervisory Union and School District
- Lamoille South Unified Union
- Orleans Southwest Supervisory Union
Early College Plus
Current high school juniors planning to pursue one of five certificate programs at CCV during an Early College year are eligible for an extra $1,000 and specialized academic and career advising. Click here. Programs:
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals
- Digital Media Production
- Graphic Design
- IT Service Desk Specialist
- Earn a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Get trained in a high-paying career.
- For youth ages 16-24.
- Click here.
Central Vermont Adult Basic Education
CVABE provides free adult education and literacy services to adults age 16+ to help achieve their employment and education goals.
Even those with a high school diploma can help brush up on reading, writing, math and computer skills for career and college/post-secondary readiness. Others seek the skills necessary for a promotion or a new career.
CVABE's core services:
- basic literacy (reading, writing, math, computers)
- high school credentialing
- English Language Learning
Retrofitted van that travels to schools to provide nutritional and gardening education.
Lamoille Family Center maintains a list of all open childcare slots.
- Call 802-888-5229
- Deb Trombly x142
- Kerri O'Halleran x128