Click here for mental health supports and therapists.
Click here for resources for teenagers.
Click here for resources about youth substance use
Lamoille Family Center has a list of all open childcare slots in the area. 802-888-5229
Child Care financial assistance:
Lamoille Family Center
If you have a parenting need, a good place to start is Lamoille Family Center.
The Lamoille Family Center promotes and support the wellbeing of Lamoille Valley children, youth, and families. Services include:
Car seats for those who need them.
Young children: Children's Integrated Services (CIS)
- DULCE (Developmental Understanding and Legal Collaboration for Everyone)
- early childhood and family mental health
- early intervention
- maternal/child health and support for parents
- specialized childcare services
Youth, teens, and young adults programs:
- runaway and homeless youth programs/shelter
- prevention and stabilization services for youth and families (PSSYF)
- childcare referrals
- childcare financial help
- pool playgroup
- parent education
- emergency needs
Lamoille County Child Advocacy Center
(and Lamoille County Special Investigation Unit)
Criminal investigations and victim services in response to reports of child sexual abuse, serious child physical abuse, adult sexual violence, and abuse of vulnerable adults and the elderly.
- 111 Main St., Hyde Park
Help Me Grow VT creates strong families, which helps promote healthy child development, so that all children reach their greatest potential. Click here for information on classes, developmental screening, and providers.
The Parents in Recovery Support Program offers weekly peer-support meetings, one-on-one recovery coaching, workshops, help with navigation of community resources, childcare, transportation assistance and more:
- Resource Referrals
- Financial Assistance
- Vouchers for Necessities
- Support Groups
- Recovery Coaching
- Health & Wellness Services
- Tuesdays 10:30-11:30
- North Central Vermont Recovery Center, 275 Brooklyn Street, Suite 2, Morrisville
- firstname.lastname@example.org, 802-635-0084
Vermont Parents’ Home Companion & Resource Directory: parenting tips and resources for parents of all kids.
Vermont Parent-Child helpline:
- 1-800-CHILDREN (800-244-5373)
- M-F, 8:30-4:30
Online parent/caregiver community:
- Digital platform to brainstorm and find resources
- Local parents supporting each other
- Register: email email@example.com with the subject: "HLV Parents."
- From Healthy Lamoille Valley
HEART M.O.M. (Meeting Other Moms) Group: supporting families from hospital to home. A 6 week series for anyone who identifies as a mom in the pregnant or postpartum period (up to 18 months), to talk about the ups and downs of parenting.
- To register: (802) 782-0978 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesdays, 1:30-2:30
Easter Seals provides Intensive Family Based Services to children and their families struggling at home and in their community. IFBS works with Department of Children and Families (DCF) to help keep families safely together through in-home, family- focused treatment services. They serve:
- Families at risk of having their children removed from their homes
- Families at risk of DCF involvement
- Families with children returning from out of home
- Families who may be struggling and are referred to a program
- Referrals from DCF and community partners
- PO Box 351 Morrisville, VT 05661
Lamoille County Mental Health Services
Children, Youth, and Family Services provides mental health services for children and adolescents from birth through 22 years old and their families.
- (802) 888-5026 ext. 139
Morristown Centennial Library : Tuesday mornings at 10:30
Join in the library’s backyard for big books, songs, puppets, and other fun literacy activities, followed by a craft instruction.Masks and social distancing required. Recommended for ages 2-5, but open to all. For more information: email@example.com.
Vermont Donor Milk Center can accept donated breast milk and provide pasteurized donor human breast milk with a prescription. More information here.
Healthy Lamoille Valley
Healthy Lamoille Valley provides resources and support for Lamoille area youth and families, facilitates our local Youth Prevention Council, offers youth leadership opportunities, family support resources, and community outreach in the Lamoille County area and surrounding communities. Visit their website.
Lamoille Area Coaching Collaborative for youth sports coaches. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Brother, Big Sister
Big Brother, Big Sister matches community mentors with children ages 6-17 to help them socially, academically, and emotionally.
Let’s Grow Kids advocates for high-quality, affordable childcare.
- Action Center: ways to take action on state childcare issues
- Community Building training to work on childcare issues.