Child Care financial assistance:
Lamoille Family Center
If you have a parenting need, a good place to start is Lamoille Family Center.
The Lamoille Family Center promotes and support the wellbeing of Lamoille Valley children, youth, and families. Services include:
Young children: Children's Integrated Services (CIS)
- DULCE (Developmental Understanding and Legal Collaboration for Everyone)
- early childhood and family mental health
- early intervention
- maternal/child health and support for parents
- specialized childcare services
Youth, teens, and young adults programs:
- runaway and homeless youth programs/shelter
- prevention and stabilization services for youth and families (PSSYF)
- childcare referrals
- childcare financial help
- pool playgroup
- parent education
- emergency needs
Help Me Grow VT creates strong families, which helps promote healthy child development, so that all children reach their greatest potential. Click here for information on classes, developmental screening, and providers.
The Parents in Recovery Support Program offers weekly peer-support meetings, one-on-one recovery coaching, workshops, help with navigation of community resources, childcare, transportation assistance and more:
- Resource Referrals
- Financial Assistance
- Vouchers for Necessities
- Support Groups
- Recovery Coaching
- Health & Wellness Services
- Tuesdays 10:30-11:30
- North Central Vermont Recovery Center, 275 Brooklyn Street, Suite 2, Morrisville
- email@example.com, 802-635-0084
Online parent/caregiver community:
- Digital platform to brainstorm and find resources
- Local parents supporting each other
- Register: email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: "HLV Parents."
- From Healthy Lamoille Valley
HEART M.O.M. (Meeting Other Moms) Group: supporting families from hospital to home. A 6 week series for anyone who identifies as a mom in the pregnant or postpartum period (up to 18 months), to talk about the ups and downs of parenting.
Easter Seals provides Intensive Family Based Services to children and their families struggling at home and in their community. IFBS works with Department of Children and Families (DCF) to help keep families safely together through in-home, family- focused treatment services. They serve:
- Families at risk of having their children removed from their homes
- Families at risk of DCF involvement
- Families with children returning from out of home
- Families who may be struggling and are referred to a program
- Referrals from DCF and community partners
- PO Box 351 Morrisville, VT 05661
Lamoille County Mental Health Services
Children, Youth, and Family Services provides mental health services for children and adolescents from birth through 22 years old and their families.
- (802) 888-5026 ext. 139
Morristown Centennial Library : Tuesday mornings at 10:30
Join in the library’s backyard for big books, songs, puppets, and other fun literacy activities, followed by a craft instruction.Masks and social distancing required. Recommended for ages 2-5, but open to all. For more information: email@example.com.
Healthy Lamoille Valley
Healthy Lamoille Valley provides resources and support for Lamoille area youth and families, facilitates our local Youth Prevention Council, offers youth leadership opportunities, family support resources, and community outreach in the Lamoille County area and surrounding communities. Visit their website.
Lamoille Area Coaching Collaborative for youth sports coaches. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Brother, Big Sister
Big Brother, Big Sister matches community mentors with children ages 6-17 to help them socially, academically, and emotionally.
Let’s Grow Kids advocates for high-quality, affordable childcare.
- Action Center: ways to take action on state childcare issues
- Community Building training to work on childcare issues.