My Healthy VT has a Diabetes Prevention program beginning February 11.
The Diabetes Prevention Workshop (also known as Prevent T2) is a proven program to help you make small lifestyle changes. You can cut your risk of type 2 diabetes by more than half. It is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This workshop lasts for one year. There are 16 weekly core sessions, plus monthly maintenance sessions. Each session is 1 hour long.
Your trained lifestyle coach and fellow participants will guide and support you to:
- Solve problems and create plans for action and change
- Make healthier eating choices
- Get more physical activity into your daily life
- Reduce stress and stay motivated
- Understand and respond to your food cues
- Stay on track when eating out
- Be an active partner in working with you to better your health
Workshops are free of cost for all participants so all Vermonters have access to expert advice and proven strategies to take control of their health. Click here to register.